Pinpoint pH monitor

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
432
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a used Pinpoint pH monitor and I can't get it calibrated. I can get the 7.0 dialed in, but the 10 only goes up to 8.5, and the 4 only goes down to 5.4. What do you think the issue is? Old calibration fluid, or old probe? And where is the best place to get new Pinpoint items?
 
old calibration fluid will cause false readings. How old are the calibration fluids and probe?
 
I don't know. I asked, but the guy didn't know. I'm sure years.
 
The old stuff may be your problem right there. I would get a new probe and up to date calibration fluids and see what happens. Hopefully that it and not the unit itself that's wack.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top