Pistol shrimp coloration and size

NoWaiAma

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2018
Messages
977
Reaction score
892
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday when I tossed in a clam on a half shell. Hoping to feed scarlets who are murdering my zoas. Cleaner shrimp ate. Wrasse ate. Scarlett’s didn’t move. And then my pistol I haven’t seen in 45 days or so came 10” out of his cave and took it home.

He was easily 4x the size he was. And was brown and white. Granted the lights were in the white stage.

Thoughts ?
 
yesterday when I tossed in a clam on a half shell. Hoping to feed scarlets who are murdering my zoas. Cleaner shrimp ate. Wrasse ate. Scarlett’s didn’t move. And then my pistol I haven’t seen in 45 days or so came 10” out of his cave and took it home.

He was easily 4x the size he was. And was brown and white. Granted the lights were in the white stage.

Thoughts ?

probably a tiger pistol. mine looks really brown right before the molt.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top