Planet Aquarium Reef Tank 94 Gallon Matrix

Just grabbed some starter corals online from Corals Anonymous and waiting a couple of days before I place them. While waiting I wanted to see if I could get a more stable PH by adding air from outside and I am shocked at the results. My run was only about 10 feet so the skimmer is not struggling to pull air and I am happy with the results thus far. Old high and low were 8 and 8.16 and by the end of the week after installation, it was 8.08 and 8.27. It looks like I will now hover between 8.15 to 8.25 daily. I just used some silicone and a metal faucet screen filter over the hole to keep the bugs out and made a little hat to cover the top. It has a roof over it but just wanted to make it a little more discrete.



69558486432__ACBE57B7-5FC8-415F-A96D-C3D0881E2FB0.jpeg IMG_7418.jpeg IMG_7419.jpeg IMG_7356.jpeg IMG_7424.jpeg Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 9.40.49 PM.png
 
Very cool build! I have the same tank (they're beautiful) except it's a rimless tank. Looking forward to more posts!
 
Decided to add a 20 long to the system. Added to the existing sump. Made a partial floating stand with extruded aluminum to keep it tight to the wall. Also added a Mahina Corals light and used the rest of my aqua forest rock.
D52E0208-7AAB-49F7-9B7D-0A33235F3044.jpeg
0ADE54A7-9AB9-40C8-88D6-5B4E96FF5B92.jpeg
684E9373-530A-4D37-8C94-2D2EF8D4694D.jpeg
AC3F7DC5-AAEE-48B2-8668-311794532912.jpeg
FC7F6D8C-B7B9-4A91-AFC4-E1A0EA62DC7B.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • F48917D7-EAE1-419F-B8B9-C7F395B6ABC8.jpeg
    F48917D7-EAE1-419F-B8B9-C7F395B6ABC8.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 33
Wow awesome! Did you use your vectra and split the return, or did you use your manifold, or separate return pump? On the 20, is the drain going into the reefmat?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top