Planing an upgrade - Red Sea Reefer tank feedback?

I've been itching to upgrade my 29 cube and since I'm buying a new home I think this is the perfect time to upgrade. I'm eyeing up a spot in the new house that currently has a half room divider (between kitchen eating area and living room) that is begging for a peninsula tank. I'm taking a long look at the Reefer peninsula 650 (or maybe 500 if I don't have room).

I'd appreciate feedback from any owners of these tanks, especially the peninsula versions. I don't want the hassle and wait of a custom tank and I don't want to deal with building a stand. I'm confident in the aesthetics of these tanks and it seems like they are fairly priced for what you get. I want to make sure the returns are quiet though.

I suspect I will place the sump and large fuge in the basement to allow for ease of water changes. I won't want any powerheads on the viewing end of the peninsula so I will probably rely on 2 large gyres (and maybe a few smaller pumps) on the return end to provide flow. I'm also playing around with the idea of a small closed loop routed under the rock/sand to the far end just to keep water moving back towards the overflow. It will be a mixed tank but SPS dominant.

I already have a Kessil A360N so I am considering buying the aquatic life t5 combo and adding 2 more 360s (probably Ws) to it. My reefkeeper will likely be swapped out for an Apex or Prolux.

Theres a whole Reefer thread on the forum
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top