Please explain to me everything about adding and dosing suppliments and how to do this

So, I was assuming that the pCO2 would remain fairly constant during the dosing spike, but I gather from your two previous posts here that, in fact, the substance being dosed may have a significant effect on the pCO2 in the water, making my assumption false. Am I on the right track here?

Right. Spike in hydroxide (such as limewater) or to a smaller extent, carbonate, and the total CO2 present doesn't change for some period, but there's a big swing of CO2 to HCO3- to CO3--. So the effective pCO2 goes way down.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top