Please help! Dr Tims Waste Away? Chemiclean? Patience?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SCHAULJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
What about looking into vibrant? I had a massive bubble algae take over in one tank, green hair algae in another tank, I am 2 weeks into treatment and have been blown away with results, bubble algae falling off, GHA able to suck it up with water changes, corals unaffected so far.
 
Thanks Mike!

TankYou - I looked at Vibrant in addition to Chemiclean and Waste Away. Just hesitant on putting excess bacteria or chemicals in.

My plan:

- Run the skimmer without the cup for 4-8 hours each day to keep oxygen levels high and then will add the cup and skim for the remainder of the day.
- Adding reef spec carbon to the sump.
- Less frequent water changes.
- Blasting the rock once in the morning and once at night with the baster to get this stuff in the water column and into the overflow.
- Patience :)

Ill provide an update in a couple days/weeks.

Love to keep the conversation going as well! One of the best parts of this hobby is the interactions with all of you!
 
Thanks Mike!

TankYou - I looked at Vibrant in addition to Chemiclean and Waste Away. Just hesitant on putting excess bacteria or chemicals in.

My plan:

- Run the skimmer without the cup for 4-8 hours each day to keep oxygen levels high and then will add the cup and skim for the remainder of the day.
- Adding reef spec carbon to the sump.
- Less frequent water changes.
- Blasting the rock once in the morning and once at night with the baster to get this stuff in the water column and into the overflow.
- Patience :)

Ill provide an update in a couple days/weeks.

Love to keep the conversation going as well! One of the best parts of this hobby is the interactions with all of you!
Great! Do not use vibrant! It lowers the nutrients you need to raise!
 
I went through a bloom much much worse than that. Couldn't see the back glass 24" deep. I think (unfortunately) your options are to wait it out as it will naturally go back into balance OR if you're impatient like me use it to justify a UV sterilizer. I got a UV and it was gone in hours. I still use the UV to maintain clear water but I tried flocculants, wtaer changes, etc. Nothing else worked for me...
 
If you just neeeed to try something extra, you can use some hydrogen peroxide. It temporarily clears some of the bloom and it’s gone in 12 hours (The H2O2.)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top