Please help ID purple tubular things on live rock

MaverickReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
27
Location
Mason, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MVIMG_20200203_110122.jpg


Could someone help ID these? Are they harmful and how would I get rid of them?
 
looks like a red Marco algae of some sort...someone should be able to chime in for more details. If you have tangs or other herbivores is can be kept in check or even eliminated all together.
 
macro algae - likely gracilaria or finger variety
 
looks like a red Marco algae of some sort...someone should be able to chime in for more details. If you have tangs or other herbivores is can be kept in check or even eliminated all together.

I only have a 13.5 gallon nano tank, so no tangs for me yet. I do have two percula Clownfish, can I remove it manually and keep nitrates and phosphates at 0 to keep at bay?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top