Please show your Tonga branch aquascape work. Thanks

I love the way Tonga branch looks when I see it at the fish store, I’ve just never had much luck incorporating it into a tank and been happy with it. I tried a few times back in the 90s when it was easily obtainable but always ended up removing it and going more traditional eventually. My favorite rock was always Fiji rock. Still is when I can find some of the good old stuff.
 
I hope I’m not to late to the party
A2D8ACE7-EE53-47CD-B19F-CD1FF1BFEC60.jpeg
87360CFF-4347-4005-832D-C93E2A15261F.jpeg
754A77AA-8A43-4A13-B3F1-9083C2DB8B9A.jpeg
 
I wanted to go tonga on my new scape as I have a few pieces around, but couldn't find enough. Went with the Caribsea man-made branch. Have to say, I definitely like it. Was going for a sort of shallow 'driftwood' look. I'm still in the process of camouflaging the epoxy. I put a couple coats of abs purple primer on, let that dry thoroughly, then a coat of thin, runny cyanocrylate with some aragonite sand stuck on. Drying now. Fairly easy stuff to work with. It broke exactly where I wanted it to. It seems to be broken up bits of tonga branch with a concrete/aragonite/shell mixture around that. The box I got from BRS had all a nice mix of shapes. Anyhow, something to consider if you can't find tonga any more.

new_scape3.jpeg
 
Just put this Tonga in today- So excited for my first big boys tank! Upgrading from a 20 gal I learned so much from. I just know im probably gonna move this rock around before I finally decide to leave it in a position.

IMG_1819.JPG
 
Last edited:
60 gallon flat hex
 

Attachments

  • 9D604DC9-72BF-4A58-93CF-ABAC4A88CD59.jpeg
    9D604DC9-72BF-4A58-93CF-ABAC4A88CD59.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 7E8DAF36-395A-4A2C-A859-F5ED7692FC01.jpeg
    7E8DAF36-395A-4A2C-A859-F5ED7692FC01.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 5DA193E4-7246-47D3-8E37-0751D172EE67.jpeg
    5DA193E4-7246-47D3-8E37-0751D172EE67.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 83
Here's my Real Reef branch rock aquascape plan for my 220 gal reboot. I'm quite pleased with it! It was a fun process. Much different than my last scape, which was done with Pukani.

Aquascape.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top