Pleated Sea Squirt in 15 gallon?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
3,847
Reaction score
2,510
Location
Long Island.... maybe north korea
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that they need some target feeding, but could they help water quality sorta like a makeshift skimmer? I feel like they could be good to get once I start getting into the more picky corals.
 
A skimmer exports scum and imports oxygen. A tunicate would not import oxygen, but there would be interactions (inputs and outtakes) from the water column. If the latter we/are beneficial or detrimental to coral is an interesting question. I would also wonder how they would share space as both grew?

Idk GIF by VidCon
 
i
A skimmer exports scum and imports oxygen. A tunicate would not import oxygen, but there would be interactions (inputs and outtakes) from the water column. If the latter we/are beneficial or detrimental to coral is an interesting question. I would also wonder how they would share space as both grew?

Idk GIF by VidCon
its interesting right? sponges consume the exact stuff that skimmers remove and maybe more which is why I thought it interesting
 
Yes, it may be interesting. We know reef animals exchange materials, which ones and how often? We have much more to learn.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top