Plumbing Jellyfish tank into Reef tank

Baffels

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
298
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange question, I know. Heres what I got goin' on:

Redsea 625 G2 next to my Medusa desktop Jelly tank. Currently has 5 blue cannonballs Jelly. Love em. It's a 15 (ish) gallon system running through a Fluval 207 filter. It requires very little when it comes to flow as I don't want the little fellas in a washing machine situation.

So you see any downside of plumbing this system into my existing reeftank/sump. Would have a separate drain to the sump, and tie into the return with something very small (1/4" or maybe 1/2"). This would help eliminate having to have a separate ATO and filter system, which means less maintenance. Also, I'm sure the Jellys would love the pods in the system.

Temp and salinity for the Jellys I have are almost exact to what my tank is at. 78F and 1.025.

Thoughts?

Pic is old, tank is more established and Jellys are bigger :) This is when I was cycling.

new.jpg
 
Also... can someone give me a better way to hatch BBS? These things work well, but they don't hatch very much and I need to feed these little weirdos twice a day, especially in warmer water.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top