Plumbing output for Jecod/Jebao DCT 12000 Pump

Is it ok to reduce from 1-1/2" to 1" for return from pump?

  • Yes

  • No


Results are only viewable after voting.

vipertaj

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
17
Location
Reno
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting the Jebao DCT 12000 Pump and it says that the output is 1-1/2 inch. I was planning on doing 1" for my return. Will it be ok to get a reducer bushing that will reduce it down from 1-1/2" to 1" for my return? This is for my 125 gallon tank.
 
It will impact head loss, but with the 12000 pump, you should have more than enough flow....assuming sump in stand directly below the tank.
 
Assumed correctly that sump will be directly below tank. Just much easier (and cheaper) to go 1" for return instead of 1-1/2 all the way up (ball valves, unions, pipe, etc). I plan on splitting the 1" return to go in two holes in the tank so a T that will then connect two 1" into tank instead of just one 1" return. Thanks for the reply.
 
I used 1.5" flex to a single 1.5" 90, short straight section, then a 1x1.5x1 tee on mine. This way I maintained 1.5" or more through the entire system with only 2 1.5" fittings and about 2' overall length. Would something like this be an option? Unfortuantly I do not have any decent pictures with me but the tee is located roughly in the center of my tank along the back edge and I have 1" running end to end and up to the tank. I also have 3 1"x.5" tees with ball valves to run other reactors.
 
I used 1.5" flex to a single 1.5" 90, short straight section, then a 1x1.5x1 tee on mine. This way I maintained 1.5" or more through the entire system with only 2 1.5" fittings and about 2' overall length. Would something like this be an option? Unfortuantly I do not have any decent pictures with me but the tee is located roughly in the center of my tank along the back edge and I have 1" running end to end and up to the tank. I also have 3 1"x.5" tees with ball valves to run other reactors.

Would love to see some pics. I have an idea what you are talking about. I plan on doing the same thing with a tee with some union ball valves to be able to hook up additional equipment later without any hassle. The question I have is I only see the Loc-Line NPT connector at 3/4" which I assume most use for the return into the tank? So are you using a reducer after the bulkhead?? So a big reason why I am not as concerned reducing from 1-1/2 to 1" at the pump is its going into the tank at just 2x 3/4" NTP to loc-lines.
 
Would love to see some pics. I have an idea what you are talking about. I plan on doing the same thing with a tee with some union ball valves to be able to hook up additional equipment later without any hassle. The question I have is I only see the Loc-Line NPT connector at 3/4" which I assume most use for the return into the tank? So are you using a reducer after the bulkhead?? So a big reason why I am not as concerned reducing from 1-1/2 to 1" at the pump is its going into the tank at just 2x 3/4" NTP to loc-lines.

I will try to get a picture when get home tonight. I also reduced it to 3/4" loc-line at the tank but by running larger piping up to that point I was able to minimize the losses overall. I am able to keep enough flow to keep a high velocity coming out of the 4 fan style outputs with the pump a little over half way up in the adjustment range.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top