Poor little crab … suggestions?

NewFishMom101

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
43
Reaction score
11
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this guy today. Looks like his back end is deformed or didn’t molt… or I don’t know. He spent a long time trying to get into a shell without success. Anytime another crab would approach he would head for the corals and hide till they left. Wondering if there is anything I can do for him.

EF418E51-F367-452A-836B-E000DE3CEF83.jpeg 58BC0810-791C-41CA-8DAF-F46C2F9E55AA.jpeg
 
Often when they abandon shells, they are aiming for a different one. Place several shells around it. If you have none, lfs may have some in their tanks as well as some craft/hobby stores sell shells
 
I did put three larger ones near him. But it seems like his back end is not flexible to get in the shell, like it won’t bend
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top