Possible Brook in Porcupine Puffer -- Urgent help

Feeding her with the stainless feeding tongs is great. If she ever needs meds, it’s easy to add to food. If you rough up the outside of the tips, that should do the job of keeping his teeth in check. I don’t need to feed clams on the half shell which is great as it’s very messy and pollutes the tank. I still feed clams but with the tongs. Here’s mine.
08E3A871-2F8A-4A26-969A-B36D1B669A44.jpeg
E6AD2402-DD3F-462E-B1B1-E1B455EE4B72.png
 
Just a word more of caution - please be careful moving this tank, make sure it is completely empty! Also, you might want to post a picture to the general message board and ask others if my assessment is correct or not - I'd hate to send you down the wrong path here. I've never tried holding a tank up like this because I was always told not to, but just because I've been doing things a certain way, doesn't make it right (grin).

Jay
Nah, I think you're exactly right! Just need to wait until I have extra hands again to add the additional support.

She has grabbed a hold of the metal tweezers a few times. Remarkably strong fish! I'll rough up the ends a bit to help her beak, then. :)
 
She has grabbed a hold of the metal tweezers a few times. Remarkably strong fish! I'll rough up the ends a bit to help her beak, then. :)
Just be careful around her eyes. I bought a pair with a wider paddle at the end so they’re not as pointy.

JETKONG 12-Inch Fine Tweezer Tongs, Extra-Long Stainless Steel Tweezers Tongs
 
The little spud is doing remarkably well and is full of that peculiar puffer charm.
She sleeps all day then reactivates around dinner time. Hopefully the next update will be moving day to her new digs in about a month!

(Yes, the tank is braced in the center now too!!)

Here is a brutal feeding video from this evening.

 
Thank you! Seldom do my fish rescues actually pan out. I was totally expecting her to pass away that same night I took her home, but at least it wasn't going to be in a brightly lit Petco tank. She is a lucky charm. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :face-blowing-a-kiss:
 
Final update.

We brought her to her new and hopefully final home last week -- a 480 gallon donut-shaped tank in my favorite LFS, where she will have tons of people to watch and interact with, and plenty of other environmental stimulation.
(The larger fish next to her in the first pic got a little beat up during their recent move to a new store location, but is healing up fine.)

IMG_3177.jpeg


IMG_3183.jpeg


IMG_3188.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top