Possible emergency? Advice needed with frammer! Would I be worried?!

timmyrules

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
541
Reaction score
1,102
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frammer coral a while ago, but it’s receded over the last month, and now it’s never open…I have noticed when I dipped other corals, there was some kind of worms up in them. Should I try dipping the coral in iodine?
 
IMG_7854.jpeg
Here’s that picture…it used to be all puffy. But now it looks like that.
 
im thinking too much flow, can we have a white lights video, 20 seconds, posted as a yt video(mp4's dont really work on here)
I am not sure how to post a video…I’ll take a video under whites, and turn it into a gif.
 
u post it to yt, then put the link here
I’m so so sorry….I actually have no idea how to use you tube. Here’s a picture under whites, I’m trying to get some sort of video…give me a moment….
IMG_7856.jpeg
 
Ok, let me know if you guys can see this…it should be a gif
 

Attachments

  • DAB37BA6-F226-45EF-BE21-A9AE3AD94668.gif
    DAB37BA6-F226-45EF-BE21-A9AE3AD94668.gif
    22.7 MB · Views: 34
it seems like it is in a very high flow spot, it is trying to extend(as shown by the small tentacle thingies coming out) but not being able to because the flow is restricting the movement, place it in a low-no flow spot and see how it does!
 
it seems like it is in a very high flow spot, it is trying to extend(as shown by the small tentacle thingies coming out) but not being able to because the flow is restricting the movement, place it in a low-no flow spot and see how it does!
Ok! Sounds good, I’ll move it to a lower flow spot. How long do you think it’ll take before it looks better?
 
Ok! Sounds good, I’ll move it to a lower flow spot. How long do you think it’ll take before it looks better?
I reckon, today-tomorrow hopefully
maybe a couple of days, im familiar with hammers, and froggies, but this is a mix, so im just guessing right now :D
but normally, thats the best
and where did the white string thing come out of? mouth? was it clear like slime? was it a white white, curly?
 
I don’t think the flow is too harsh for that spot looking at the other corals around it, what are your parameters?
 
I moved it yesterday, and it still looks very unhappy today…im seriously considering dipping it in iodine. Anyone have any ideas on what can help the coral?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top