Possum Wrasse Turning White and not Eating

Fishrocker1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
60
Reaction score
11
Location
Long Island New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I’ve had a possum wrasse in qt for about a week now. The little guy ate well the first day i got him taking mysis. I’ve been dosing Seachem ParaGuard as a precautionary measure as I do with all new fish. However, he’s stopped eating and has slowly lost his red color turning white. He still pretty fat as he was pretty big when I got him but I know I need to help the little man out. He shows no sign of ich or velvet. I’ve also done a water change and added carbon to the filtration about two days ago to help him out but so far no change to his condition. Any ideas what I should do?
 
Possum wrasse realllyyyy struggle in qt as theyre aggressive hunters in the wild who singlemindedly peck rock and live in cave systems oftentimes going days without being in direct sunlight. Hiding spots are vital for them
 
Possum wrasse realllyyyy struggle in qt as theyre aggressive hunters in the wild who singlemindedly peck rock and live in cave systems oftentimes going days without being in direct sunlight. Hiding spots are vital for them
I figured it was something stress-related. Any ideas on what I should do? I can't keep him in my display tank as I'm dealing with an ich outbreak that wiped out my fish about a few weeks ago. I have another month of qt with the fish in my qt tank.
 
Possum wrasse realllyyyy struggle in qt as theyre aggressive hunters in the wild who singlemindedly peck rock and live in cave systems oftentimes going days without being in direct sunlight. Hiding spots are vital for them
I should also mention that I have PVC pipes in the tank for him so he can stop and rest when he wants to. I have a buddy who has a small frag tank I could probably ask to take him for a while. The problem is I think he has a six-line wrasse in there. Would that be an issue?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top