- Joined
- Dec 13, 2021
- Messages
- 131
- Reaction score
- 85
- Location
- Salisbury
- What state or country do you live in
- Maryland
Hello,
So I got back from work late last night and realized that my alk dosing pump timer got stuck on. Drained 250 ml Red Sea reef foundation b into the tank. I started to freak out did a 20% water change which I apparently may not have needed to do, then found a @Randy Holmes-Farley article on limewater overdose that calmed me down quite a bit haha.
My Ph and alk are fine, just measured my calcium as the water is no longer cloudy, and it took a dip of 100ppm. (450 to 350)
My bottle of Red Sea calcium says don't dose more then 20ppm in a day, however considering the circumstances should I raise it all the way back up at once? Or spread out the dose several days? Just not sure which way would be less stressful to the coral.
Thanks for the help
So I got back from work late last night and realized that my alk dosing pump timer got stuck on. Drained 250 ml Red Sea reef foundation b into the tank. I started to freak out did a 20% water change which I apparently may not have needed to do, then found a @Randy Holmes-Farley article on limewater overdose that calmed me down quite a bit haha.
My Ph and alk are fine, just measured my calcium as the water is no longer cloudy, and it took a dip of 100ppm. (450 to 350)
My bottle of Red Sea calcium says don't dose more then 20ppm in a day, however considering the circumstances should I raise it all the way back up at once? Or spread out the dose several days? Just not sure which way would be less stressful to the coral.
Thanks for the help

