Prevent overflow in case of power outage

aerialdronemaster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
266
Reaction score
79
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I just started cycling reefer 350 today
I am planning in case of disaster.
How should I protect Myself in case of power outage, AND Water going back to sump and o overflow.

Any good devices to recommend? Neptun apex something? Do you have any good light to recommend for sump?

Thank u

20210216_170549.jpg 20210216_170544.jpg
 
Drill a small hole on return line just below water level in display to act as siphon break
 
I was thinking to have something installed that the water will go only 1 direction
 
Fill the sump till 1” below the rim. Then fill the tank till it just starts to overflow. Turn your pump on and make a line where your return section goes down to. This is your max fill line. Don’t fill over that
 
I have the same tank. Follow the instructions on how to fill it and you will be fine. There’s enough room in the sump to accommodate water from the DT when you turn off the return.

I am extra paranoid, so I have an Apex with a flood sensor in the back and in the front of the tank. I also monitor the sump and the DT for high levels with float sensors.
 
I was thinking to have something installed that the water will go only 1 direction
One way (check) valves get pretty useless pretty fast with things growing on surfaces of valve
 
One way (check) valves get pretty useless pretty fast with things growing on surfaces of valve
Ok , I just stopped the pomp, and the water didn't overflow , I had maybe 3 inches spare
 
I have the same tank. Follow the instructions on how to fill it and you will be fine. There’s enough room in the sump to accommodate water from the DT when you turn off the return.

I am extra paranoid, so I have an Apex with a flood sensor in the back and in the front of the tank. I also monitor the sump and the DT for high levels with float sensors.
Great idea

I have apex too, I am going to add leak sensors .
A float sensor ? I don't remember anything like that. I will Google it.
Also I stopped the pomp. And it didn't overflow , so I should be good. Ehh it would be nice to have a battery backup haha
 
Great idea

I have apex too, I am going to add leak sensors .
A float sensor ? I don't remember anything like that. I will Google it.
Also I stopped the pomp. And it didn't overflow , so I should be good. Ehh it would be nice to have a battery backup haha
Ohh, you mean the flow monitor. Does it really help ?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top