Prime HDs or older Radion XR30Ws

Which supplemental LEDs?

  • Gen 2 XR30s

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • AI Prime HDs

    Votes: 1 50.0%

  • Total voters
    2

ImGoingCoastal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
229
Reaction score
132
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a 36" aquatic life hybrid fixture which came with two prime hds. I currently have a single gen 2 radion xr30w (nonpro). Do you think it would be better to run the primes or should I source another gen2 radion to match. I like the thought of the primes having wifi but I'm wondering if I'd see better results from two radions (however older ones).
 
Let me answer your question with a question:

What makes you think you'll get better results from the Radion xr30w?

Both these fixtures produce more than enough light. What do you think the Radion would do that the Prime hd's can't do?
 
Well, just thinking that with the xr30ws I'd have 4 light sources vs the 2 from the primes but I'm wondering if the 4 would be overkill when combined with the t5s anyhow....
 
You already have the Primes right? Why not use them for a while and decide if it's enough light or not. If it is, then you're good. If it's not, then buy another Radion.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top