Problem with my Sicce silent 2.0 Nuvo Fusion 40

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
57
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most of us I made the switch to a Sicce 2.0 instead of using the stock mighty jet in my fusion 40. Problem is I can’t get it out for the life of me to clean I know that it needs to be cleaned but I just can’t get the right angle to pull it out I scoured YouTube for a removal video and can’t find anything. The pump is a great pump but it has started to where it doesn’t want to come on instantly after the water change (probably a propeller needs to be cleaned). Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!
 
I wish I could get a picture of it but, I think I need to get the hosing off first. I just can’t lift it out. It’s too tight of a space. Should it just slip right out? Maybe I put it in wrong?
 
I have to remove the tubing from the outlets and move my ATO before I can get my pumps out of my fusion to clean. I am fortunate that I have pretty small hands, I can imagine anyone with bigger hands having a tough time grabbing stuff back there-

Once I detach the tubing I can lift mine out but I have them with the intakes pointed outward if that makes sense, not pointing at each other.
 
Finally got it out. I had the fitting in wayyy too tight. I basically had to take the pump apart in the chamber and pull it out. I was super worried because once I started taking the pump apart, it was get it out or the tank was done. This time when I screwed the fitting back into the pump, I only finger tightened it. Some threads are still showing but maintenance will be a lot easier.
Thanks all for the help!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top