Problem with your Vortec? bad driveshaft batch - call for a new free one

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sikryd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
2,321
Reaction score
17
Location
MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got off the phone with Steve @ Ecotech marine - [email protected] - 800-785-0338 Ext.3

They had a bad batch of 1000 driveshafts that went into new pumps, repaired wetsides, and wetside boxes.
He said they had a batch that was oversized by .004 of an inch, that has been causing issues such as bearings locking up and melting things together - which of course cause the wetside to fall to the bottom of the tank.

They have identified the issue and will sent out new driveshafts if you are having a problem.

I figured this deserved its own thread so people can read the title and know that there is a fix. Try and get this out to the other forums if you can, cause I know for me it drove me insane!!!
 
Hmmm. I may just have to give him a call about that. Did he say how far back the bad batch went? I got some replacements sent to me about the same time as you had your last batch sent out... I wonder if that's why I have to vinegar soak mine every few wees to keep it running smooth?
 
one of my clips on my tunze broke bc of ME and i contacted roger and he sent me a brand new one FREE of charge i didnt even pay shipping
 
A friend of mine had his VT wall plug bad and in 3 days they send him a new one shipping free so it looks that Tunze and Vortex have good customer service
 
I'd say 2nd to Tunze. I've never filled out any form, given serial #s or needed a receipt to get a warranty from Roger...

I also agree with this also, I had some 6045 Tunzes with bad impellers and they just told me to send them the Tunzes, in less than 3 days I got my 2 new 6045 tunzes no questios ask and I didn't have to pay a dime also, Tunze's Customer Service is awesome.
 
Last edited:
I hope they addressed the nut stripping issue as well.

The nut strips due to this. It pretty much causes all kinds of issues. Which I have had to experience most of while trying to figure it out on my own.

I have never had to do anything other than send pictures to Steve to get stuff sent out. No receipt, or anything else.
Pretty much tell him the problem, show some pictures, and he'll send out the parts that need replacing. So great customer service in my opinion.
 
Update -

I got my parts in last week and it has been working like a charm ever since.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top