Problems with new RLSS R6i Skimmer - Anybody ever have this problem

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2012
Messages
682
Reaction score
719
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I've been working on a new build and getting pretty close to getting it wet. Plumbing, wiring (pump, Apex, vortech etc) all finished, programmed and ready to go. So I purchased a RLSS R6i skimmer about a month ago and when it was packaged they forgot to put the airline in the packaging that goes from the pump volute to the silencer... long story short it takes about 3 weeks to get the tube from RLSS. Finally got the tubing this week and I'm doing my final leak test before the LS and LR go in the tank with salt water for the start of the cycle. Problem is the DC 4000 pump on the skimmer keeps shutting off / faulting out after approximately 30 seconds to one minute. Anybody else ever experience this with a DC 4000?
 
probably just the power supply, they're not the best, I had one cut out on me pretty quick after purchase as well.
 
probably just the power supply, they're not the best, I had one cut out on me pretty quick after purchase as well.

Ugh, thanks! If that's the case... for me pretty quick is right out of the box I've got failure... very frustrating
 
Happened to me also. I just disconnected and refastened the controller and made sure it was secure. After the light on the controller turns on, increase the speed to max then adjust the water level inside the skimmer with the pipe.
 
Happened to me also. I just disconnected and refastened the controller and made sure it was secure. After the light on the controller turns on, increase the speed to max then adjust the water level inside the skimmer with the pipe.

Thank you, I'll give it a try... I think I've tried just about every thing else
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top