Proof to never lose hope in your tanks.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
1,622
Reaction score
610
Location
Union Beach, New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know sometimes the challenges of this hobby can turn even seasoned veterans away so I wanted to start a thread where members come together and share their recovery stories. Nothing better than a little hope to keep people moving. I personally had a massive tank crash and lost 80-85% of my livestock and basically had to start fresh I removed the sand bed replaced it with crushed coral and placed my heater in the tank to keep the temp stable and now I have my own happy stable tank. Here are comparison pics. It's took a few months and a lot of dedication but I think it shows. Please share your stories!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1404782058.073259.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1404782114.627041.jpg
 
It is looking good. I am in the midst of recovery on mine. If I find time, I will post some pictures.

Thanks for the encouragement.
 
Great job!
 
I dont have pictures from where the tank was the worst. It has been quite disheartening to even look at my tank at times. Finding the motivation to keep at it with such slow changes, is the hard part. There has been some real progress which I think has helped me stick with it. Thanks for the thread.

 
Lost 90% of my fish, all of my corals to a heater crack last year. Had to change to a smaller tank because I didn't want to look at the 125 anymore, but the second I had the new tank filled up, the excitement came back.
 
Tagging along, and good work bairdimusprime! Tank looks awesome.
 
I dont have pics but I have had many issues over the years.. Losing corals left and right from P04, Ich on fish issues, adjustment issues with LED's.. But I did hang in there and my tank is looking pretty decent now :) Sorry for no pics.. Plus when my tank is down for the count I cant bring myself to take pics.. I just get mad.. lol
 
I disagree. I think you definitely should 'loose' hope on your tank... and your life. Loose it everywhere.

Definitely don't want to lose hope though. That's never a good thing to lose.
 
Good job on turning your tank around!
Patience is what this hobby teaches. I know I don't have enough of it. But you have to remind yourself that all good
things in time. Then learn meditation techniques. Lol
 
i personally havent had a tank crash but my buddy did just the other day alls he could save was the sailfin tang wich is now in my tank he went out of town and forgot to put the ac on in the house and water shot up to like 90* and cooked everything im helpin him redo it now
 
I dont have a lot of pics but I did keep one that shows some of my issues
This was my frag tank. What it looks like today

Like I said this is my frag tank. The fix? water changes and a sea hare
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top