Protein Skimmer for RS 750XXL

Magic City Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Messages
329
Reaction score
778
Location
Miami, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a protein skimmer for a large tank (I've got a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL) approx 160-180 gallons incl. sump? Preferrably one that wont break the bank but I also value noise-level and effectiveness at skimming. TIA!
 
I have a Deltec 1500i on my 750 and I like it just for the noise level, it's the quietest skimmer I've owned but I'd like to see other suggestions too because I feel as if the Deltec doesn't skim the best but maybe I'm not tuning it properly.
I also love the overflow protection feature on the Deltec it has saved me from the skimmer overflowing a few times.
 
Upvote 0
I've got an Octo Elite 150 INT that's the best and quietest skimmer I've ever owned. You can get an open box version for $464 ($200 saved). Mine looked perfectly new. Only downside is they shorten the warranty to 90 days.
 
Upvote 0
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a protein skimmer for a large tank (I've got a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL) approx 160-180 gallons incl. sump? Preferrably one that wont break the bank but I also value noise-level and effectiveness at skimming. TIA!
Call me at Lifereef. I'll make you a skimmer to maximize the cabinet height, and height is paramount for any skimmer efficiency. Plus, a Lifereef skimmer will last a lifetime, no special pump, less maintenance, no need to take it apart every few weeks or more, no need to clean stuff out of the pump.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top