Protein skimmers for 32 Biocube

Alyssa46

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
47
Location
Lakewood Ranch
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know what skimmers will fit into the Biocube. I have the coralife skimmer but it’s failing. It didn’t last long so I don’t want to buy it again? Any suggestions?? Thank you!
 
I use an aquatic life one. I'll check the model when I get a chance. But you have to remove the lid in order to use it.
 
Which biocube?
which coralife skimmer did you have? The V2?

this skimmer is supposed to work in the 32 biocube in conjunction with the intank media basket and chamber modification
 
I need to know what skimmers will fit into the Biocube. I have the coralife skimmer but it’s failing. It didn’t last long so I don’t want to buy it again? Any suggestions?? Thank you!
Which coralife? Woodstone or the newest version?

If wood stone, you have to change out the stones every so often. If the newer version, havent used it to know if there is a way to fix it.

I use an Aquatic Life 115 skimmer in mine. WIth a little trimming, it will allow the hood to close. If you do not have a hood, I would suggest the Tunze 9001 skimmer with an intank media basket.

For the aquatic life, I took it apart, applied a thing bead of silicone to where it joins inside (baffles) to stop micro bubbles. Works great and pull out gunk like it should.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top