Protein Skimmers, should they be a fulltime thing?

When is the last time a manufacturer rated a products true rating? Embrace that each tank is different and you need to do what's best for your tank. [emoji481]
 
There are so many variables to this discussion that you can not say set in stone one way or another. Yes people have succeeded with running skimmers 24/7 or for short periods of time or not at all. There are way to many ways to successfully run a reef. That being said I always have liked having a skimmer running 24/7 even on nano tanks where it really has little overall impact. Just personal preference and how I have successfully done things.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top