Pump question for the Vertex Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
1,441
Reaction score
1,330
Location
TAMPA , FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the Neptune Pmup would be ok to run on this model?

Tank Info:
120 Mixed Reef


Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.01.48 AM.png
 
Last edited:
you could hook it up but it would be such a low flow through the reactor in my opinion. i would use a sicce 1.0 for it. also the barb fitting on the reactor are 3/4'' and the neptune pump has a 3/8''smooth fitting.
 
you could hook it up but it would be such a low flow through the reactor in my opinion. i would use a sicce 1.0 for it. also the barb fitting on the reactor are 3/4'' and the neptune pump has a 3/8''smooth fitting.

@Icemam457 do you have one of these reactors installed and if so, would you care to share a few pixs on how you plumbed it or used tubing?
I would like to hard plumb it to my MJ-1200 pump, but trying to figure out what connection PVC pcs I would need.
 
I am doing an install for a tank with two of these puppies. And I can send you/ post pics of that but that's not for a couple of weeks. I would take the union from the reactor and the pump to a plumbing store. They can give you the fittings you would need. I have used Home Depot and lowes are not going to have some of the push connect. Fittings you are going to need. A specialty store would be the best place to go.
 
@Icemam457, I plumbed the reactor today but before I glue a few pcs I want to make sure it runs! I think I am going to run the PVC red pipe down father and only use like 2'' of the silicone tubing. This how it came out, what are your thoughts?

IMG_3502.JPG
 
Yea man that looks awesome. Love the colored pvc.
 
Looking good man love the color lay out. Your tanks is going to look sick.
 
It's a coming along! I am fighting a little bit of Algae bloom but have gotten rid of most of it b/c I jumped all over as soon as I saw it.

TANK INFO:
120 display
Ecotech M1 pump
Apex Classic
Apex ALD Module w/ 2 Leak Detector probes
Apex PM2 Module w/ Salinity probe
BreakOut box
Skimz 163 DC Montzer Series skimmer
Custom sump / Refuge
2 TUNZE Turbella 6055 Pumps
2 AI Hydra TwentySix HD LED Fixtures
Celestial C35W Maxspect Refuge Spotlight
Aqua UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer 25w
BRS Dual Media reactor
Eshoops IV Master & Slave Doser
Tunze 3155 Auto Top Off
BRS Peri Pump 50mls/pm
Avast Kalk Reactor
Vertex 1.5L Media Reactor


Fish:
1 Blue Caribbean Tang
2 Blue/Green Reef Chromis
1 - Flame Angelfish
1 - Kamohara Blenny
3- Kaudern's Cardinal
3 - Lyretail Anthias
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish
1 - Powder Blue Tang
1 - Purple Stripe Dottyback
2 - Spotted Cardinalfish
1 - Yellow Tang
2 Yellowtail Damselfish


IMG_3491.JPG
 
Last edited:
Sorry to rehash an older thread, but what size tank do you guys have this on? Do you think it would be OK for a 220?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top