Purigen - new bottle is orange-ish, wet-ish, & clumpy-ish?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
430
Reaction score
230
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I bought a 250ml bottle of Purigen. It's sort of orange and damp and clumpy. Is this normal for Purigen? I feel like when I bought the last bottle it was more white and more-or-less dry.

Thanks!
 
Sounds like you got a used or contaminated one. I bought some off a Amazon seller that were clearly used and possibly returned by another customer and then sold to me. I would return it. You could recharge it in bleach and water but who knows what’s in it . Be safe return it.
john
 
Hi all,

I bought a 250ml bottle of Purigen. It's sort of orange and damp and clumpy. Is this normal for Purigen? I feel like when I bought the last bottle it was more white and more-or-less dry.

Thanks!
UPDATE - THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM SEACHEM:

"Purigen often varies in color from very white to a tan/almost organgey color depending on the moisture content and the specific batch of beads. If you're concerned I can certainly look up the lot number if you'd like to provide it."

So this is super helpful to know in case anyone else comes across this issue.
 
I just opened a new bottle and it was orange and clumpy. Still used it. Thanks for posting this.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top