PURPLE MEISTER! MONOCHROMATICITY at its BEST!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Battlecorals

Aquazic Culzure
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
17,305
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just love when i forget about acros for a while and they end up blossoming into something cool! These days it seems that monochromatic acros have fallen to the wayside in favor of blissful multicolored wonders. I say nonsense! From a few feet away sometimes it's the stark solid colored sticks that really stand out among the forest of rainbows! Am i laying it on a little thick? indeed i am. But with good purpose. I get asked about purple probably more than any other color. It seems that when it comes to acros a good solid deep purple is not so easy to come by. Sure there's plenty of purple out there but not all purple.


Enter The Purple Meister. (pun intended)

This came from a little mini colony taken off of a wild aussie piece about a year or two ago. Like a lot of mediocre stuff I tucked it off to the side and all but forgot about it. I did visit it a while back and even got a few shots of it but it was not all that impressive yet and tucked away again it went. I could see the potential though. There was a lot of purple going on in this one but he wasn't ready yet.

Then recently a customer of mine asked me about purple and if I had anything interesting. I mentioned this one and said I'd get a pic if i could. To my delight the thing just looked great. I was totally blown away in fact. Not going to cut this one up like crazy but I'll frag a branch or two for sure.

An all purple acro!


IMG_0557-2_zpscabebe67.jpg

IMG_0557_zps1077e4b8.jpg

09f630e2-9ba4-4525-a15a-e20f3509abed_zps2ca108f0.jpg
 
That was what you should've looked at when I was asking for purple. Very nice!
 
Thanks guys! Rik I appologize Sometimes I just can't keep track of all the random stuff tucked in places. Lol

Someone got a freebie of this one a while back though before it came around. If you look at the lowest branch farthest to the left with the purple coming out the tip, you can see the little grown out stub from the frag I cut off. I though it may have been you Chef but I could be wrong. that was the only time I cut this one. Till today
 
Last edited:
i forgive You, Gary,and Adam for making fun of me while I was fishing yesterday also..We can still all dress up like women and hang in Vegas next month again. :-P

Annette told me she can out fish you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And I believe her..
 
sureeeeeee and the dodgers are gonna win the world series this year... and I'm also gonna marry Kate Upton.

I'm just going by what she told me. She said that everytime you guys go fishing you are whining that you gotta go to the bathroom, then you want her to bait your hook and you want her to take your tiny fish off the hook.
 
Oh god.... Tempting....

We are adding a second light to the tank and are going to increase the amount of space we can stick SPS by a good bit....
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top