Purple Orchid and SunnyD Light placement...

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
500
Location
Past the wall
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have found a 110% change in health after moving my Purple Orchid (via benjaminS) towards the top of the tank.

I have also found that my SunnyD's didn't respond well at all to the higher placement and actually flourish on the sand bed. Odd? SunnyD's have the brighter colors.

Before


IMAG0719.jpg


After

IMAG0862.jpg
 
I have my sunny d's in the bottom third of the tank and have the best coloration there. and by the way i asked steve about his placement on the car's and he has his in super low light and they grow like crazy for him
 
I was over at his place last week... he has crazy growth on EVERYTHING! His CARs are just like ours... just red and green and not really noticeable but they grow like weeds for him.
 
He has some crazy growth, i bet he could grow acros in his skimmate. must be something in the water out there. haha
 
LoL... funny you should say that because he never ran RODI until last month! He doses religiously and between he and his son... a water change is like brushing their teeth.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top