Purple Pavona frag bleaching but growing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SebM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

SebM

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2021
Messages
38
Reaction score
73
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a purple Pavona frag for a few months. Initially it didn’t do much but had all its colour. Over the last few weeks it’s been growing but at the same time bleaching.

Any ideas? It has good flow, moderate light and all water parameters are fine.

Our GPS are growing like mad (I know that does t mean much) and everything else is healthy (clowns, chromis, firefish, fire shrimp and snails).

I’ve started adding a bit of coral food every few days hoping it may help but all it seems to have done is support the pavona’s growth (and the GPS seem to look even nicer).
 
*GSP's :)
Can you post a pic of the Pavona?
What kind of lighting is it getting? Do you know the PAR?
Pavona are pretty tolerant of different lighting, but medium light would be my suggestion for best color.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top