Purple Tang has Ick or Velvet?

Lionsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
154
Reaction score
144
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple tang which I've had since December is completely covered with white spots today. It ate normally normally tonight and no other fish in the tank have any similar spots. I did add a bellus angel to the DT about 9 days ago that i received from a reputable store that quarantines for >30 days. Before i placed the Bellus in my DT I had it in an observation tank for 14 days.

Any idea what this is and what i should do next?

puple ick.jpg
 
If they're tiny dots everywhere and popped up within a day it's probably velvet. Did you add anything else to the system that didn't go through quarantine? Also what does the store do for quarantine?

If it's velvet, I would follow the advice given here, and would treat all fish.
 
This is the quarantine process from the stores website: "Upon arrival in our facility all newly acquired Marinelife undergo a full quarantine.This involves a series of dips and manual removal of any pests, followed by an observational period, and additional chemotherapeutic treatments if necessary. Routine observations ensure that our corals remain pest free. All fish undergo treatments for various diseases, parasites, and bacterial infections as part our standard quarantine period."
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top