QT of Naso Tang

Mr. Limpid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
278
Reaction score
226
Location
plainfield
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted one and now that I have a 180gal. tank I'm trying to add one. The problem is that my QT is a 20gal. long and my first attempt failed with a 5" tang, died from complications due to stress. Want to get a 2.5" to 3" size one but my LFS claims they do not do well that small. Has anyone started with a Naso of this size and were you successful.
 
following, I am looking into one as well and only have a 20galloon long. How long was your tang in there before he died?
 
2 weeks, looking great eat well, swimming ok. Then it got a bacterial infection died the 2nd day of the third week.
 
Naso can be a bit finicky but IME the smaller ones tend to acclimate better than larger ones. As always I suggest only purchasing one with a strong appetite. A 20 is on the small side for a Naso but the fact is you are better off doing a proper QT in a 20 as opposed to no QT at all. I would say go with your plan and get a smaller one.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top