QT Tank Pictures...How do you QT?

Do you quarantine?

  • Yes

    Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

    Votes: 3 13.6%

  • Total voters
    22
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What's nicer? I'm trying to be as budget friendly as possible lol. Is the light too much?
 
What's nicer? I'm trying to be as budget friendly as possible lol. Is the light too much?
On one of my tanks I use a clip on light with a regular daylight LED bulb. :eek:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/75-Watt-Incandescent-Clamp-Light-HD-200PDQ/205139241

I should add that I like this because it is cheap, takes up minimum space, and becomes a project light in the garage when I don't have anyone in QT. Really, I don't think the fish care all that much as long as it isn't too bright.
 
lighting is not needed on QT tank, just sayin. That should not be your first concern. Any HOB filter will be fine. Do not overthink this.
 
i like the little in tank filters because they kind of act as a power head also, instead of just the waterfall you get with HOB. something like the eheim micro mini up
 
I like the tank covered to prevent jail breaks. I never leave mine uncovered. Any hob will work. I add air stone and am done.
 
Got it. Definitely will not plumb to main setup...I guess I should have dug a little deeper in that before asking that question. And without drilling, should be an easy, cheap setup... I wonder if I could take the 10 gallon freshwater setup in my sons room and convert that into the QT since it already has a small heater and light. Anybody have pictures of their QT?
I use a heater, air pump and stone, and a few things for fish to hide in (PVC pipes work fine...although I do own a sponge bob ornament bc my kids wanted to see the pineapple in there with their fish. :confused: Oh, and I use egg crate on top to prevent jumping.

I actually keep 2 QT setups ready to swap back and forth bc I use the Tank Transfer Method, but if you do something other than TTM, one is enough.

(I'll edit this post with a pic of my setup in just a sec).
 
Petco has a sale going on a 10g kit for $39!
So I grabbed one and started the QT!
IMG_8336.JPG
IMG_8342.JPG
IMG_8348.JPG
 
I have two identical tanks like this for TTM. They are stored until they are needed and set up with water from a water change in my DT. They have Aqua Clear (Fluval) 50 gallon hob filters with some floss that I change daily to remove detritus. They also have a heater and some PVC fittings for hiding places. Very simple, they can be set up in a few minutes.
pyramid%202_zpsqhpciioy.jpg


When the fish complete TTM (12-15 days) they go in a fully cycled 29 gallon with a few pieces of live rock. It also has a hob filter but a 70 gallon version that is full of ceramic bio media. Fish stay there for at least 4 weeks but usually 6 weeks. By the time they hit the DT they are acclimated to captive life, associate humans with food and are ready to compete with the established fish in the DT.

CycledQT_zps1zqrzp7d.jpg
 
Last edited:
I use a heater, air pump and stone, and a few things for fish to hide in (PVC pipes work fine...although I do own a sponge bob ornament bc my kids wanted to see the pineapple in there with their fish. :confused: Oh, and I use egg crate on top to prevent jumping.

I seen the spongebob pineapple at the store and almost got it for my QT as well lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top