Quarantining 3 Small Fish at Once in a 10 Gallon

a;lksdjf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
265
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if I would be safe to quarantine a 1 and a half inch Coral Beauty, a 2 inch Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish, and a 3 inch Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse together in a bare bottom 10 gallon together? I ask because I’m ordering from Diver’s Den and would rather not pay a $30 shipping charge for each of them and just get them all at once. Of course if it will be unhealthy for the fish I will get them separately. After the QT they will be going into a 45 Gallon.
 
I think your Coral Beauty may be an issue in such a small tank. I also think you should go with a little bit bigger qt than a 10. I don't like anything under 20G
 
Are you going for 30 days of copper and the. Continued observation in that same tank? 14 days of copper and then transfer-out? I tend to agree that a 20 gallon would be about the minimum for those 3 fish.
 
Are you going for 30 days of copper and the. Continued observation in that same tank? 14 days of copper and then transfer-out? I tend to agree that a 20 gallon would be about the minimum for those 3 fish.
I decided not to go with the pygmy hawk so it’s just going to be the CB and wrasse with a 3 week long observation period so I can see whether they need copper or not and dose them as soon as I see something is wrong with the fish. The only reason I’m not doing copper immediately is because wrasses are super sensitive to copper and I don’t want to throw it in a tank with a little too much copper and have it die on me.
 
others can chime in, but I like to proactively treat. Using chelated copper, unless I'm mistaken you can ramp up the therapeutic level over 7 days without issue, even with wrasse.

@HotRocks
 
others can chime in, but I like to proactively treat. Using chelated copper, unless I'm mistaken you can ramp up the therapeutic level over 7 days without issue, even with wrasse.

@HotRocks

Agree. If you use chelated copper with the Hanna checker you shouldn't have an issue.
 
I would hate to see your Wrasse die, but for what it’s worth, due to Marine Velvet outbreaks my M. Wrasse has been in CopperSafe tanks (using a 3-day ramp up, to therapeutic+ levels, using a Hanna Checker), a total of three (3) different times now. A wee bit of temporary-appetite-loss, but other than that, he must be one bulletproof Wrasse!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top