Question: When to use a heat/cold pack and when to not include one during shipping?

Coral Kai

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2021
Messages
895
Reaction score
706
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I wanted to ask what people thought about related to the temperatures of when to use a heat pack, cold pack, and when not to use one.

I'm under the assumption that temperatures will drop overnight during transit and therefore even if I'm shipping from a location thats 80F to another location thats 80F, I should probably add a heat pack to that.

I think if packaged well (super insulated) you could argue to just not include a heat pack in that scenario. Appreciate anyone insight on when to use one...when not to use one...and would anyone ever use a cold pack?
 
I wanted to ask what people thought about related to the temperatures of when to use a heat pack, cold pack, and when not to use one.

I'm under the assumption that temperatures will drop overnight during transit and therefore even if I'm shipping from a location thats 80F to another location thats 80F, I should probably add a heat pack to that.

I think if packaged well (super insulated) you could argue to just not include a heat pack in that scenario. Appreciate anyone insight on when to use one...when not to use one...and would anyone ever use a cold pack?
You should likely include an ice pack if shipping in 80 degree to 80 degree weather as it’s likely to get much warmer sitting in a warehouse or truck with minimal air flow. It’s always better to err on the side of cooler than hotter. The ice or heat should be separated from the livestock with several layers of insulating material like newspaper so the heat/ice is not directly in contact with livestock……
 
Here’s some good info:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top