Questions about Indo-Pacific Sea Farms (IPSF)

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
3,885
Reaction score
4,665
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am considering purchasing from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms (IPSF) and I have some questions about their products:
Do they continue to sell Tang Heaven Gold (Sargassum)?
What snails are packaged within their Live Sand Activator?


I sent them an email a few days ago, but they have not responded.
 
Just received a reef tune up and live sand activator order a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly but in the live sand activator I believe are the Hawaiian microturbo snails or the nerite grazers.

I've done an order from them one to two times a year for the past three years to add biodiversity to the system. I always get some live sand activator and wonder mud for what I hope is an additional boost of good mix of beneficial bacteria.
 
Just received a reef tune up and live sand activator order a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly but in the live sand activator I believe are the Hawaiian microturbo snails or the nerite grazers.

I've done an order from them one to two times a year for the past three years to add biodiversity to the system. I always get some live sand activator and wonder mud for what I hope is an additional boost of good mix of beneficial bacteria.
I also got some micro hermits with my live sand activator package. I would second the live sand activator and wonder mud. I would probably skip the amphipods package next time... I also got mama mia worms and mini brittle stars. I can see the mama mia worms on my substrate sometimes. I have no idea where the brittle stars are now
 
Whatever I have received in the past from ipsf and everything I received seems to be beneficial to my system my orders were always received in excellent condition I believe I even received some of their mama mia worms that I did not order but they probably got into my shipment I love them and they are doing very well in my system plus they sent me this blastomussa merleti as a gift.
 
Their live sand booster and reef mud completely cleared my cyano…. And it has not come back! I would recommend them to add some nice diversity to any reef. Plus it’s cool to know I have a little bit of Hawaii in my system.
 
Sorry forgot to show picture of blastomussa merleti
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 223
Do you have any pictures?
That little guy surrounded by the asterina starfish. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. Maybe even a little smaller. As noted above I also believe there were some micro hermit crabs. Looked but they're all hiding in my 180.
 

Attachments

  • 20211001_215726.jpg
    20211001_215726.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 208
I’ve order some stuff from them in the past and have been debating adding the wonder mud. I’m just confused what you do with it. Does it go in a container or just straight into a DT or sump?
 
I took pics of my order on the first page of my build.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hhh’s-attempt-at-an-im-25-lagoon.808387
 
I dump it right in my DT on the sand. That with the live sand activator clouds the water a little for a short time.
+1 Wonder mud gets dumped right on your sand bed. But, if you have substrate in your sump refugium ... such as miracle mud or something else ... it can go there too.

I usually do a reef tuneup kit or a mix-n-match special every 6 months or so just to keep my micro-diversity healthy.

As far as the website goes, I don't think it's their main business ... but rather just a small side thing Gerald does in addition to the commercial-scale work/research they perform. So, I would think having a super-spiffy, high-tech website is not quite the highest priority. It works. Their stuff is great. And Gerald is always quick to ship. So not really anything to complain about...
 
Thanks for all of the wonderful replies and pictures everyone!
Those freebee corals are actually a little concerning, since I built my system without corals in mind (planted marine tank). Is it true that you need to order five SUPER Mix 'n Match Special items to get free corals, or has that changed?
Also, once again, does anyone have information on the Tang Heaven Gold (Sargassum)?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top