Questions about used stand we purchased from LFS

By any chance, do you know how long it was used? Because the stands, especially in a fish store, will get a lot of water damage. Most fish stores use metal by me for that very reason.

Are you basically making a stand within a stand just to keep the outside look?
There is actually no water damage. The only thing we are changing is the hinges on the doors as there is a bit of rust on them. We frequent 2 different lfs. One we bought the stand from and another that has built all his own stands. We brought the stand to him to get his opinion. He said he would have no issues putting a 180 or even a 220 on this stand. He offered to help us beef it up so we have peace of mind. From what we have discussed so far, we will be adding 4 corner posts and a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood across the top. I may add another sheet of plywood inside the stand where the sump will sit. I am going to put 2 maybe 3 coats of latex paint on the inside and stain the outside to match my other wood furniture.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top