R2R's Favorite Shrimp is....VOTE HERE

What is your most favorite type of shrimp for your reef tank?

  • Peppermint Shrimp

    Votes: 36 5.1%
  • Banded Coral Shrimp

    Votes: 69 9.8%
  • Snapping or Pistol Shrimp

    Votes: 63 9.0%
  • Harlequin Shrimp

    Votes: 62 8.8%
  • Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

    Votes: 210 30.0%
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp

    Votes: 147 21.0%
  • Sexy Anemone Shrimp

    Votes: 47 6.7%
  • Camel Shrimp

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 15 2.1%
  • NO shrimp in my tank

    Votes: 50 7.1%

  • Total voters
    701
Blood fire since is not so much of stealing food from my corals.
Sexy shrimps for Pico tank.
Hard to see on medium- large tank.
 
I have at least 3 kinds of shrimp. My favorite has to be my bumble bee shrimp. Here it is hitching a ride on my Caledonian sand sifting cuke
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210614_210012.jpg
    IMG_20210614_210012.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 58
Other than my bumblebee I also have a tiger pistol shrimp and about 5 peppermint shrimp
 
Decided to choose shrimp over a blue jaw trigger. I kinda miss him now though.

So currently have the following in my 150 gallon:

Tiger pistol shrimp
Blood/fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp x 2
Gold/yellow coral banded shrimp

My pico tank with 12 ultra rock anemones has:

Sexy shrimp x 4
Peterson's shrimp
 
I would love a harliquin shrimp they are beautiful imo, but after finding out they primarily feed on starfish I felt like it wasn't responsible of me to get one; I have no starfish for it to feed on. I wasn't sure if I could get away with frozen but seemed like a bad idea..
Good move some idiots get on and when the starfish are all gone they buy chocolate chip starfish and let the shrimp slowly eat it. Its sad. We have some idiots in the hobby
 
My favorite is Sexy Anemone Shrimp.
 
I voted Harlequin shrimp but also love the sexy shrimp!!
 
My tank came with 2. A harlequin, and a coral banded. I love to watch the harlequin come to the front of the glass when it’s feeding time. And the coral band, well it just freaks me out. It shed the first night I got the tank, and I had to have a friend pull out the remaining parts. I have heard it will eat all the other shrimp if I add more, or is it if I just add another coral banded?‍♂️
 
I've got a large skunk cleaner and a tiny coral banded shrimp in my main tank. I had a large coral banded, but my niger trigger tore it's arms off and ate it. The tiny coral banded gets left alone, and the skunk probably cleans the Niger trigger more than any other fish.

I've got a 20G long that's packed with rock, that was originally just t cycle the rock, but it turned into a shrimp tank where I've got a half dozen peppermints and a pair of blood shrimp that get along well enough that I hope they breed.
 
CBS

It's a cool personality to add to a reef. I cam hand feed.

I had a peppermint shrimp eat a hammer coral. Turns out they are hard to identity with so many similar shrimp...
 

Attachments

  • image000000(65).jpg
    image000000(65).jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 41
No love for the Urocaridella? I had a pair of Urocaridella antonbruunii in my old 110 gallon and they were by far my favorite. Peaceful, easy to keep in groups, reef safe, cleaned the fish and my hands, set up a cleaning station with the blood shrimp and cleaner shrimp, and just gorgeous.
received_1454552421577093.jpeg
20200116_194906.jpg
20200102_210855.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top