Radion G5 to G6 upgrade worth it?

Prolxstang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
41
Location
Vineland NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrading my Radion XR30 Gen5 blue to a Gen6 PRO with the upgrade kit.
Is the Gen 6 worth the upgrade or should I just sell the blue and buy a used Pro ?
 
Looking to upgrading my Radion XR30 Gen5 blue to a Gen6 PRO with the upgrade kit.
Is the Gen 6 worth the upgrade or should I just sell the blue and buy a used Pro ?
Why, if I may ask? :) Do you have reason to believe that you are struggling with your current lighting?

Whether the upgrade is worth it is a very subjective question that you can best answer yourself based on what you wish to achieve with the upgrade.

If there's not a clear answer to above, then in my opinion it's a waste of money that could be better spent! :) Remember; the gen. 5 lights were fantastic before the gen. 6 was released. They're still good lights- nothing has changed ;)
 
Last edited:
I recently got the g5 blue. And it’s a little too blue for my liking. Was thinking about moving to the pro. But not really looking to but a new light.
Hopefully that makes sense lol haha
 
I recently got the g5 blue. And it’s a little too blue for my liking. Was thinking about moving to the pro. But not really looking to but a new light.
Hopefully that makes sense lol haha
It is an awful lot of money to spend just because the lights are a "little too blue" for your liking ;) However, if you can justify it, then there's no issue in upgrading- you will have a great light when you're done!

I am actually not sure though that you can upgrade a Blue to a Pro? You probably know more about that already having done some research! Just check first how that works..

As for whether it's worth it, thats for yourself to determine if you don't have any actual problems with the ones you run now ;) If your corals are happy, I wouldn't bother.

If you are lucky, someone might offer to swap a Pro for a Blue :cool:
 
Looking to upgrading my Radion XR30 Gen5 blue to a Gen6 PRO with the upgrade kit.
Is the Gen 6 worth the upgrade or should I just sell the blue and buy a used Pro ?
It's a personal decision - however, that said - much like an iPhone, you can get a nice price on Ebay for Gen5 XR 50's - which would be a start on purchasing whatever light you want to replace it.

Whether it's worth the upgrade. -is also a personal decision - since without knowing what you're wanting to grow/raise/keep with the light - hard to say whether it's worth doing? Are you unhappy with gen 5? the blue? Or something else?
 
The spread on the g6 is too much imo unless you have the lights right on the water. I would prefer to go back to the narrower lens on the G5’s.
 
Since you know you want the G6 PRO, it would be worth it doing the upgrade kit over selling and buying brand new.

If you're OK with G5 PRO, You'd get the PRO for minimal if you sell yours and buy second hand.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top