Radion XR30 vs XR15 PAR Output Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter TinkL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

TinkL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
29
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just recently upgraded my 33g to a 65g. The 33g had a single XR15 over it, this 65g has a single XR30 (minimal rockscape so the spread covers the rock area perfect). I basically copied over the exact same schedule, intensity and everything, but I noticed the XR30 seemed A LOT brighter. My question is... do the xr30s output more par than xr15s with the SAME schedule and SAME intensity? I assumed they didn't but this has me second guessing, so I'll probably get a par meter from my LFS to verify, but I turned the intensity from 70% down to 50% for now JUST INCASE. If anyone has some insight I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you
 
Yes and Yes. the xr30 is like what, double the power. And the increase in par on the xr30 is because of having all that extra LED array overlap.
 
Yes and Yes. the xr30 is like what, double the power. And the increase in par on the xr30 is because of having all that extra LED array overlap.
Awesome thanks for clarifying, I'll grab a par meter soon to dial it back in, thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top