Rainbow Trachyphilla Doesn’t Extend Like It Used To

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
6,485
Reaction score
30,480
Location
White Plains, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations to get my rainbow trachyphilla to open up the way it used to? Very stable parameters and rest of corals thriving.

Appreciate any advice - Thank you!

Before
4DDE23F0-C48B-45BD-A2DF-39883967304E.jpeg


Now

583983DB-6702-4799-9CA4-6C612B63C200.jpeg
 
Shot in the dark. Too low of nutrients. Too high flow. Too high light intensity. Or all of the above.
 
Have you had any swings in nitrates or phosphates. Mine seem to have issues and just lost one to high nitrates
 
Do you feed them? Mine also shrink up a day or so after feeding but come back out.
 
Mine will get skinny once or twice a month for a day or two and then bounce back. I have never been able to figure out why but it does it so often I’m not concerned anymore with it. Also it’s the one piece in my tank that has done exceptional even through my Dino bloom that lasted 3 months.
 
Do you feed them? Mine also shrink up a day or so after feeding but come back out.
What do you feed yours?

Also have issue with aggressive fish that salvage anything and don’t leave much for corals.
 
I have 3 of these type of trachy and welsophilias.

one stays closed during the day. And inflates at night. No idea why. My other is a beautiful rainbowish one and it nearly died closed. Bleached. And people suggested i move it to a darker area.

So i moved it to the corner of my tank near a rock ledge. It took 3 or 4 months. But it regained its near bleach white color. And its inflated again.

Then i have a redish one and its out in full light and stays open no matter what.

I think they all behave differently. Try moving it away from the zoanthids. And in a darker area
 
I have 3 of these type of trachy and welsophilias.

one stays closed during the day. And inflates at night. No idea why. My other is a beautiful rainbowish one and it nearly died closed. Bleached. And people suggested i move it to a darker area.

So i moved it to the corner of my tank near a rock ledge. It took 3 or 4 months. But it regained its near bleach white color. And its inflated again.

Then i have a redish one and its out in full light and stays open no matter what.

I think they all behave differently. Try moving it away from the zoanthids. And in a darker area
Going to move to spot under a ledge and see if the lower light helps - Thank you!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top