read about blacking out the back of aquarium

Black or blue vinyl film. Looks more professional, and a one time deal, not coat, dry , coat dry... Etc.

That is the one downside to spraying anything on. Gotta wait for each coat to dry fully. Although with the vinyl film, not everyone is good at working with that stuff and don't squeegee out all the little air bubbles correctly. And it looks good to the naked eye but then filled with water and lights on you see air bubbles and then it's a nightmare to redo the whole thing. I mention this because I wrapped my tool box handles in 3m vinyl wrap and it wasn't a piece of cake.
 
I've used both the paint and plasti dip spray. Usually use the paint. It works fine never had a problem with it chipping but it's against the wall so nothing really gets back there.
The plasti dip does come out rubbery and doesn't chip but can be scratched. I have a barebottom tank and it had plasti dip on it. Tank is heavy and the stand is high so we scratched the bottom. I like the fact that it peeps off so easily. So I did have to cut that section out and reapply. But I think if it were a tank I knew I'd never want to take the black off of is to with the paint. If I thought I may changes it up one day I'd use the plasti dip.
 
That is the one downside to spraying anything on. Gotta wait for each coat to dry fully. Although with the vinyl film, not everyone is good at working with that stuff and don't squeegee out all the little air bubbles correctly. And it looks good to the naked eye but then filled with water and lights on you see air bubbles and then it's a nightmare to redo the whole thing. I mention this because I wrapped my tool box handles in 3m vinyl wrap and it wasn't a piece of cake.
It's true that some people aren't very handfully skilled at doing things but showing them on a video is a start! Maybe next time I laminate a tank I'll make one and post![emoji848] It also helps if you have someone handle the spraying while you apply. Bubbles could be a challenge but getting both the tank and the film wet nicely buys you time and mobility. The most important thing is not to bind it to itself. Then, you gotta go buy a new one[emoji51]! By far easier than tool box handles in 3m vinyl wrap, I assure you, lol!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top