Ready to call it quits against Dino.

Yes that is exactly what I did. A net bag usually use for carbon filled with pads of varying size. & I clean them after every vacuum because that is when most of the junk was getting into the pad. But cleaning them as often As possible would not hurt. The dinos got less and less everyday until finally they just stopped coming back. I let the syphon run for about another week after I last saw them

Okay, I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks!
 
Please do. I love to know if it is actually successful or if we just got lucky
 
Please do. I love to know if it is actually successful or if we just got lucky

IMG_1478388790.504992.jpg
im calling it the super sock
It's stuffed with filter pad and filter floss
 
What dosage were you using on your 250?
I was doing 1ml per 10 gallons is that not enough?
I was thinking about taking out the sand, doing a 60% water change, adding a uv and dipping the rocks in H202
70 ml over a 5 hr period
 
I had a huge out break did a bunch of blackouts and still have them. It has reduced the amount of fish I keep to two damsels in a 90 gallon. It seems not to grow as much is mostly just located in one part of the tank where the overflow is. Yeah Im sure if I did one more blackout it would do it but Im not concerned with it anymore. You going to have to do many blackouts to get rid of it. I did like four times
 
After dosing h202 and lights out failed . I let tank get dirty and lit my fuge 24 hours to let other algeas take over.

I had Dinos early in both of my tanks. I guess they cross contaminated. I was able to beat them in both, just before I gave up. I dosed H2O2 and did a few days of blackouts, but what I believe actually worked was to let my tank go dirty. I am a clean freak in my tanks and a guy at the LFS made a comment about it. He said, "Your tank is too clean." I laughed thinking he was joking, but he explained that dinos usually show up in very clean systems. Often you'll see a bloom after water changes.

So, in the end, I avoided water changes for almost 2 months, while dosing H2O2 about 2 weeks at a time, and added Algae Barn Ocean Magik Phyto to compete for food. The dinos left and never came back. I did kill a couple of cleaner shrimp with the H2O2, but that was a small price to pay to keep my sanity.
 
Tons of People are Saying they Got Rid of Dinos with Vibrant.

Check out this Thread.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

The Manufacturer Claims Dinos will be gone in 2-5 Doses!

Everyone says it works too.
It's good to practice husbandry first.
Esp if it's just new tank uglies.
The emerging concern becomes we've removed the offending organisimnbut thource of the problem remains unfucheid. I.e. The food source. If the food source is still high or actually higher with nothing feeding on it when it returns will it be worse or will something worse replace it.
Combine chem fixes w husbandry an it all good.
The peroxide in the above steps also dissolves organics and a fe minerals to ibelive. An easy food source.
VIbrant is still an unknown supposedly bacterial component we don't actuall know how it works or what it really does yet. Yes effective. But how and what are the repercussions down the road. Same can be said for all the algecides available on the market not just this new one.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top