Ready to Give up! Pepperment hogfish acting strange

Lisa Cain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
537
Reaction score
315
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon aquarium and I put a lot of energy into taking care of it but the more I try things go wrong. I have a clownfish that I have had for a year, he seemed to get a little white on him. Therefore I put i Mardel Bactershield a natural product in the tank. I made a mistake and put in to much. I went to dinner came back and my beautiful new pepperment hog fish was hiding behind the rock. He is never that still. He did not move much until I put him in the net. I took him out of my tank and put him in my son's 32 gallon biocube, thinking the Bctershield was making him sick.. He is sitting behind a rock in my sons tank. He is breathing but I am scared that something is wrong. Has anybody had any experience with Mardel and pepperment hog fish? I am worried!! The other fish are fine. The Mardel did not affect them. The hog fish was eating fine before I put in the Mardel.
 
Check your water parameters, I know this product will slow your biological filter. If overdosed I wonder if it has caused a stall in your bio filter and causing an ammonia spike or something like that.
 
Check your water parameters, I know this product will slow your biological filter. If overdosed I wonder if it has caused a stall in your bio filter and causing an ammonia spike or something like that.
I will thank you!!
 
Ammonia levels are 0
 
Feed sparingly and monitor. Would not hurt to take a sample from your tank to a trsuted pet store and have your water tested to compare reading from your kit and theirs.
 
Feed sparingly and monitor. Would not hurt to take a sample from your tank to a trsuted pet store and have your water tested to compare reading from your kit and theirs.
Thanks he is fine today. I become sad when I thought he was going to die. There is always a challenge when keeping a reef tank. He is ok hard to see because the blue lights are on.

IMG_5439.JPG
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top