Recent coral shots in my 58g

Wow, everything looks so healthy!
 
That elegance looks so happy!
 
Very nice tank. How many fish do you have? What foods do you feed the fish? Loving the colours on the SPS. :)
 
Very nice tank. How many fish do you have? What foods do you feed the fish? Loving the colours on the SPS. :)
Thanks mate, I appreciaate your compliment.

I have 2 blue/green chromis, 2 false percula, 1 yellow tang, and 1 coral beauty at the moment (6 fish). The tank is plumbed together with a 40 breeder tank down in the basement where I keep overflow coral and frags. That tank has a single large lemon peel damsel.

I feed the tank a cube of pe mysis almost every day. Some days I miss and some days I double up like on weekends. I also use New Life Spectrum pellets about once a week or less.

The tank is still young and hitting its stride at just over two years old after my move.
-Tyler
 
Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately that picture also shows the worst of the scratched glass and the algae I cant get to with a razor blade in the back of the tank. The coral make up for it though ;)
 
wow great tank, would love to see a whole tank shot. Also how do you manage to keep so much corals together without them stinging each other ?
 
wow great tank, would love to see a whole tank shot. Also how do you manage to keep so much corals together without them stinging each other ?
Thanks mate,
I'll try to get one up. The coral sting each other all the time. A lot of the LPS I try to keep spread away from other corals, especially the elegance. The softies and SPS I usually just let battle it out with the occasional fragging if I'm not happy with the way the battle is going. Luckily in this young tank it hasn't been too much of an issue yet.
-Tyler

PS coral battles lead to cyano...I think its due to die off
 
Thanks mate,
I'll try to get one up. The coral sting each other all the time. A lot of the LPS I try to keep spread away from other corals, especially the elegance. The softies and SPS I usually just let battle it out with the occasional fragging if I'm not happy with the way the battle is going. Luckily in this young tank it hasn't been too much of an issue yet.
-Tyler

PS coral battles lead to cyano...I think its due to die off
Gotcha, same here. I have to frag often to keep the corals from fighting each other lol . and totally agree on the cyano comment. I notice that as well during coral battles.

What kinda lighting is over this tank? looks like metal halides
 
Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately that picture also shows the worst of the scratched glass and the algae I cant get to with a razor blade in the back of the tank. The coral make up for it though ;)
I didn't even notice, the corals blew me away. So excited to get my tank looking like that!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top