Recepi #1 alk and a different calcium brand

cpballer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Location
winnipeg
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if it will be ok to use recepi #1 alk and to use searchem reef advantage calcium? I just don’t know what to use for calcium here in Canada. Anyone from Canada tell me what I can use for calcium? Thanks
 
 
76259516-5E41-4B02-B96A-704D77876CF3.png
 
I was wondering if it will be ok to use recepi #1 alk and to use searchem reef advantage calcium? I just don’t know what to use for calcium here in Canada. Anyone from Canada tell me what I can use for calcium? Thanks

Yes, but not Reef Calcium. Must be the Advantage Calcium.
 
Yes, but not Reef Calcium. Must be the Advantage Calcium.
Im planning to use the reef advantage calcium. I hear people use same volume of alk and cal when dosing. But i dont think this will be the case if inuse your alk recei #1 and seachem reef advantage calcium. Am i correct?
 
Im planning to use the reef advantage calcium. I hear people use same volume of alk and cal when dosing. But i dont think this will be the case if inuse your alk recei #1 and seachem reef advantage calcium. Am i correct?

As a dry solid, it is similar to the material in my recipe.

Aside from the unknown of the fluffiness factor (bulk dry density), it will be about the same. If measuring by weight, use the same as my recipe indicates for calcium chloride dihydrate. If you really want to be exacting, use a few percent less calcium as it seems to not have as much moisture in the solid.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top