Recirculating CO2 Scrubber & Oxydator - Recipe For Higher pH & Good Oxygenation?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
6,485
Reaction score
30,480
Location
White Plains, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been reading threads advising not to recirculate the CO2 scrubber air through the skimmer cup because of the loss of oxygenation in the aquarium.

Would adding adding an Oxydator to oxygenate the water offset the CO2 scrubber?

Asking this because I’ve been running the recirculating CO2 scrubber and Oxydator for about 1 year now and having great results. pH maxes out about 8.35 daily, fish, inverts, and corals are thriving, and CO2 media lasts for over a month.
 
It might be helpful. I do not recall seeing any actual measurements of O2 levels changes in a reef tank at night by the oxydator. Perhaps some user of it might have such data.
 
Oxydators add oxygen to the tank water of that thete is no doubt. However you have to ensure you are adding the correct % of peroxide and number of catalysts to get the maximum out of one. Oxydators have no direct affect on CO2 levels in the aquarium water.

Many fish benefit from a high saturation of oxygen in the water. On some parts of a reef oxygen can and do exceed 100% O2 oxygen saturation. I have witnessed the likes of Achilles tangs improve in colour and vitality when an Oxydator was added to the tank/sump.

Many other fish also appear to benefit long term as reported by many Oxydator users myself included. All anecdotal people may say but I believe there is enough evidence from Oxydator users to give them some credence.
 
I succeeded with my co2 scrubber fyi I recirculate 50% of the air out of my skimmer

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top