red lighting for blue hypnea and dragon breath?

airedwin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2021
Messages
408
Reaction score
104
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chaeto light that is heavy with reds (no white) will this grow blule hypnea and/or dragon breath? I read you can use full spectrum light for those? But will they grow with red?
 
adding red usually completes the “full spectrum” …and again that term is quasi technical and quasi a marketing category for bulbs
 
adding red usually completes the “full spectrum” …and again that term is quasi technical and quasi a marketing category for bulbs
I don't think that is what I'm talking about.
 
I don't think that is what I'm talking about.
I re read what you ask and was just clarifying what full spectrum means; but to try and answer I’d bet they use the red spectrum similarly to other macros and I’d try the chaeto light. Safer bet is full spectrum, they would appear better to the eye anyway.
Edit add, I have a post somewhere of bleached dragons breath, a poster warned me that this happen is higher light levels. Just something to look out for
 
I re read what you ask and was just clarifying what full spectrum means; but to try and answer I’d bet they use the red spectrum similarly to other macros and I’d try the chaeto light. Safer bet is full spectrum, they would appear better to the eye anyway.
Edit add, I have a post somewhere of bleached dragons breath, a poster warned me that this happen is higher light levels. Just something to look out for
Thank you, I will look into getting a full spectrum light instead of this chaeto grow light.
 
I use an old balck box led on my 30g remote fuge.
I run 100% blue and 30% white.
It grows cheato, ogo, and DB.
DB is the slower grower of the 3.
I use a cheap Nicrew led on my 45 frags sump. 100% blue and the lowest white setting. Works well.
20220204_161651.jpg
20220204_165429.jpg
 
I use an old balck box led on my 30g remote fuge.
I run 100% blue and 30% white.
It grows cheato, ogo, and DB.
DB is the slower grower of the 3.
I use a cheap Nicrew led on my 45 frags sump. 100% blue and the lowest white setting. Works well.
20220204_161651.jpg
20220204_165429.jpg
Solid info, thanks
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top