- Joined
- Jan 10, 2024
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 1
- Location
- Philadelphia Area
- What state or country do you live in
- Pennsylvania
Hello everyone.
I acquired a Red Sea Reefer 250 V3 and was looking forward to setting up my first sump.
The main tank has been running for about 2 weeks as a test with sponge filters.
Last night I decided to give the sump my best try,
3 hours later I am just lost. It is flowing down and back up, but it is super noisy, and it won't down flow without removing the front comb. I have 6-7 inches of water in the sump and am afraid to add any more.
Also, the main overflow tube seems to suck air when the noise guard is on. I am somewhat baffled,
I would be happy to send pics or a video if anyone can be so kind to assist.
At this point, I miss a canister filter.
Regards,
Richard
I acquired a Red Sea Reefer 250 V3 and was looking forward to setting up my first sump.
The main tank has been running for about 2 weeks as a test with sponge filters.
Last night I decided to give the sump my best try,
3 hours later I am just lost. It is flowing down and back up, but it is super noisy, and it won't down flow without removing the front comb. I have 6-7 inches of water in the sump and am afraid to add any more.
Also, the main overflow tube seems to suck air when the noise guard is on. I am somewhat baffled,
I would be happy to send pics or a video if anyone can be so kind to assist.
At this point, I miss a canister filter.
Regards,
Richard

