Red Sea 50 LED High Pitch Noise

HumbleMarineLord

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Newport Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m new to reefing so go easy on me. Long story short, the light is making a high pitch almost squealing noise. I called into Red Sea customer support to see if they can help. They sent me a replacement lamp that I installed yesterday. It seemed as if the problem was resolved but after waking up this morning I noticed the noise was back. Same. Exact. Noise. Does someone have any insight to this problem?

I have turned off the pump and protein skimmer to rule both of those out.
 
My lights make the same noise... I just assume it the computer inside the light making the noise :(
 
I have the same issue… my wife loves the tank but I’m losing her on the light
 
Just noticed mine is as well. Only one of my two. I’ll take a look and open them up tomorrow. Anyone else find a resolution?
 
Did anyone find a solution? The sound is really annoying.
 
my reef led 50 is also making this high pitch frequency noise. It is hard to describe but my wife and i both notice it. My reef Led 90's do not make this noise.
 
I just assume it the computer inside the light making the noise :(
 
I just assume it the computer inside the light making the noise :(
 
Any follow up to this?
I've noticed mine does the same, its not the fan as it does it even at 1% when the fan is completely off. It's quite annoying.
 
Last edited:
I recently cranked up a Reefled50 (bought used) on my WB Mini 25 and the coil whine coming from the fixture is terrible. Has RedSea offered any solution to this?
 
I recently cranked up a Reefled50 (bought used) on my WB Mini 25 and the coil whine coming from the fixture is terrible. Has RedSea offered any solution to this?
I reached out to their support, they had me send a video.
They were willing to replace it but said that it is somewhat normal so I just kept it.
I will say that it does quiet down a bit after a few weeks. Originally I could hear it from about 10 ft away. Now I have to be within 12 to 18 in to actually hear it.
 
redsea replaced the board on my reefled 50 once already due to this noise. The unit is still making the same noise.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top